Since 30 May to 2 June, 2014 in Batumi there was organized workshop by initiative the Young Pedagogues’ Union. The goal of the workshop was to consider the project prepared by the Ministry of Labor, Healthcare and Social Affairs of Georgia _ Standard of providing 24 hours service in specialized institution for disabled people and elder people”. Chairperson of the YPU _ Marina Topuria facilitated the workshop. Following representatives of the Ministry of Labor, Healthcare and Social Affairs of Georgia participated in the workshop:
- The head of the Social Protection Department _ Giorgi Kakachia;
- The deputy head of the Social Protection Department _ Amiran Dateshidze;
- The staff member of the Social Protection Department _ Salome Chichinadze;
- Senior specialist of the department of care, foster and social affairs of the Social Service Agency _ Lela Jishkariani;
- The staff member of the department of care, foster and social affairs of the Social Service Agency _ Natia Gvaramadze;
Also, members of the service providing organizations:
- Young Pedagogues’ Union _ Marina Topuria
- Union of therapy of socially vulnerable people of Sighnsghi region _ Gela Ghlighvashvili;
- Charity union “Temi” _ Irma Gotsiridze;
- “Kheli Khels _ Davit Nadiradze;
- Pansion for elder and disabled people _ My family _ Maria Akhaladze;
- Caritas _ program director _ Maia Mikadze;
- Community organization _ Taobata Kera _ Ketevan Lekveishvili.
The representatives of the service provider organizations presented their services, where there was stated about characteristics of the services and problems they face.
After discussion regarding the problematic issues, there was organized plenary consideration of the project “Standard of providing 24 hours service in specialized institution for disabled people and elder people” article by article, where there were taken into consideration problems and suggestions stated by the service providers.
Agreed project of standards will be approved by the Minister of the Labor, Healthcare and Social Affairs of Georgia in the nearest future. The workshop was organized within the project of the Young Pedagogues’ Union: Social Services and development of democratic institutions through involvement of Youth” funded by the donor organization “Bread for the World”.